2 DAYS MEKONG DELTA CRUISE ON “SONG XANH” SAMPAN
Private tour (SGMKCSX02): Daily departure from Ho Chi Minh City with local English or French-speaking guides (other language speaking guides at surcharge)
DAY 1 : HO CHI MINH CITY – CAI BE – SA DEC – CAN THO (-/L/D)
Pick-up at the hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and transfer to Cai Be. Upon arrival, embark on the Song Xanh Sampan. The excursion starts at around 10:00 hrs from the pier in Phu An hamlet, located next to Cai Be town, approximately a 2 hour drive south of Saigon.
Visit some local home factories where rice paste, coconut candies and other specialties are traditionally made.
The sampan will then take the direction of Vinh Long and Sa Dec, cruising by Dong Phu and An Binh islets famous for their fruit orchards. After crossing the large Co Chien River, the sampan will pass under the spectacular My Thuan Bridge over the Tien River. It will cruise on a small beautiful canal through water jacinth plantations. Disembark to take a small rowing boat for a cruise along a narrow canal passing by a tiny local village and fruit plantations.
Sa Dec town will appear like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals. Disembark at the local market for a guided visit of this charming town. Walk along its narrow streets where beautiful old French houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century are numerous.
Have lunch at an ancient house dating from 1890, home of Mr. Huynh Thuy Le, the “Lover” of Marguerite Dura’s famous writer (see her novel and adapted movie “The Lover”).
Back on board the Song Xanh Sampan, enjoy cruising down to Can Tho along a beautiful narrow canal, passing under several wooden “monkey bridges” and by tiny typical villages. By stopping on the banks you will get in contact with the local population. Visit a temple of the Cao Dai religion.
Have dinner at an ancient house “Nha Co”, dating from the early 19th century.
After dinner, cruise for approximately one hour until Can Tho where the sampan will moor for the night in a quiet place.
Accommodation aboard the Song Xanh Sampan
Meals included: Lunch at local house
Dinner at local house
DAY 2 : CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET – CAN THO – HO CHI MINH CITY (B/-/-)
At around 06:00 hrs, the sampan will slowly start cruising. Breakfast will be served on board at 07:00 hrs while approaching Cai Rang floating market – still the largest in the Mekong Delta.
Passing by countless sampans, boats carrying sand, rice, fruits and vegetables, fish, flowers, you will witness the liveliness of the floating market and the waterways of the Mekong Delta.
Disembark at Ninh Kieu pier in Can Tho after a visit to a local market.
Pick up and transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City. Upon arrival, drop off at your hotel or further transfer to Ho Chi Minh City / Tan Son Nhat International Airport for departure at surcharge (accommodation in Ho Chi Minh City is not included).
Our recommendation: Extend your trip in the Mekong Delta (visiting Chau Doc near the Cambodian border) or fly from Can Tho to the beautiful island of Phu Quoc for a beach extension.
Meals included: Breakfast on board
“WE WISH YOU AN ENJOYABLE JOURNEY”
Price in USD per full paying guest in shared twin/double
Single room supplement
Private cruise & private transfers from/to Ho Chi Minh City
(*) Child policy:
Maximum one (1) child per cabin applicable only if sharing a cabin with two (2) full paying adults. Extra bed (or mattress) for child is subject to the choice of cabin and boat. Surcharges will apply.
OUR TOUR PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF
Accommodation aboard the Song Xanh Sampan on a private charter basis (01 communal bathroom with shower, 01 communal toilet; no air-conditioning available)
Meals as stated in the programme B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner
Transfers and tours with local English or French-speaking guides in private air-conditioned vehicles
All entrance fees and boat fees as mentioned in the programme
Drinking water and cold towels available on the vehicles
NOT INCLUDED ARE
• Domestic airfare (quoted separately, if requested)
• International airfare to / from Vietnam (quoted separately, if requested)
• Optional tours
• Surcharges for other language guides
• Surcharges for Lunar New Year (TET) holiday
• Personal travel insurance
• Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
• Meals and services other than mentioned in the programme
• Drinks with meals
• Compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges which will be advised at the time of booking
• Visa application and visa stamp fees at Vietnamese embassies overseas and/ or upon arrival (Please note that a visa is compulsory for most nationalities.)
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the programme
• Refunds will not be given for unused or cancelled services after the tour arrangements have commenced.
• FIT (Individuals): Cancellation charges are calculated from the day the written notification is received by the company or agent as a percentage of the net total tour price as shown plus any surcharges (e.g. ticketed air sectors, other penalties imposed by suppliers such as hotels):
• Between 29- 21 days before departure: According to the costs incurred will be charged
• Between 20 days and 15 days prior to departure: 25% of package price
• Between 14 days and 8 days prior to departure: 50% of package price
• Between 07 days and 2 days prior to departure: 75% of package price
• 1 day prior to departure or no show: 100% of package price
• GIT (Groups): Cancellation of tours due to minimum number of participants will be advised 6 weeks before departure of the tour; in which case Happy Go Travel will offer an alternative tour of a similar standard or a full refund. Cancellation policy for GIT bookings will be advised separately case by case.
• HOTEL ONLY
• Between 29- 21 days before departure: no charge
• Between 20 days and 15 days prior to departure: 60% of accommodation price
• Between 14 days and 0 days prior to departure: 100% of accommodation price
• Certain Hotels impose stricter cancellation policies which will be advised separately.
• For air ticket reservations, we require the guests’ full names AS THEY APPEAR IN THEIR PASSPORTS. Airfares and reservations are always subject to change until paid in full and ticketed.
• Airfares are subject to increase without prior notice.
• Please be advised that prices will be adjusted periodically in case of fuel price increase by our suppliers.
• This is a quotation only and neither reservations for services nor hotel bookings have been made.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
CONTACT INFORMATION OF HAPPY GO TRAVEL
HAPPY GO TRAVEL - HANOI HEAD OFFICE:
Address: 5th floor, 130F Thai Thinh str, Trung Liet, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam
Telephone during office hours: +84 24 32 686 686; +84 24 32 898 898
Fax: +84 24 32 171 783
EMERCENCY CONTACTS (ENGLISH AND GERMAN-SPEAKING)
Mobile: Mr. Thang (Managing Director) (+84) 934556056
Certain parts of the tours on offer are provided by independent third parties, such as airlines, hotels, transport operators and local tourist offices. Happy Go Travel is therefore not responsible for any loss, injury or damage caused thereby to the tourists, including those occurring outside of the normal touring programmes. Additional expenses incurred due to delay, accident, natural disaster, political actions and unrest shall be borne by the tourists.
Programmes, prices, services and conditions are based on those valid at the time of proposal submission and are subject to change thereafter without advance notice until all services have been paid in full.
We strongly advise to leave valuable items (money, passport, credit cards, jewellery, sensitive documents, laptop computer, etc.) in the hotel safe. During excursions and roundtrips, personal belongings, especially money and valuables should NEVER be left on vehicles, even during short breaks, and carried around at all times. Happy Go Travel is not responsible for any loss or theft.
Vietnam being a developing country is in full process of upgrading its infrastructure. Therefore, driving overland can be cumbersome due to ongoing road constructions.
TRAVELLED WITH US?
If you wish to give us some feedback about your holiday in Vietnam, please visit our website http://www.happygotravel.vn, choose Vietnam and go to “Travelled with us?”
Thank you in advance for your valuable thoughts and time. Your feedback will surely help us to continuously improve our products and services.