04 DAYS DRY AND WET HALONG BAY
Private Tour (HANHBDW04): Daily departure from Hanoi with local English or French-speaking guide (other language speaking guides at surcharge).
DAY 1: HANOI – LUONG SON “LE FERME DU COLVERT” (-/L/D)
This morning take a 2-hour drive westwards of Hanoi towards Hoa Binh leaving the city behind and heading into the countryside and the hills. Your destination is the charming La Ferme du Colvert, located in the small village of Luong Son, which is mainly inhabited by the Muong ethnic minority people.
La Ferme du Colvert is a collection of 10 traditional Viet – Muong houses, all unique, themed and independent, built from local materials and decorated with traditional furniture, fabrics and pottery. The cottages are spaciously set in 25 acres of grounds with bamboos, tea gardens and lily ponds and surrounded by lakes, hills and lovely views of nature. The cottages vary in size and standard but can accommodate between 2 to 10 persons per house. La Ferme du Covert exudes the flavor of Tonkin and surrounded by a small Muong village is an ideal place from which to relax and discover the local people’s daily life in the village, rice-fields, at home or in the market. La Ferme du Covert has a swimming pool, spa and offers excellent escorted (by French or English speaking guides) half and full day walking and cycling tours.
The Muong people live in small stilt house hamlets, have a similar culture to the Thai and are known for their folk literature and music.
Afternoon walking or cycling tour in the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Accommodation at La Ferme du Colvert
Meals included: Lunch at hotel
Dinner at hotel
DAY 2 : LUONG SON – TAM COC (DRY HALONG) (B/L/D)
Morning walking or cycling tour from La Ferme du Colvert.
After lunch at around 14:30 hrs depart for the 3 hour drive to Tam Coc. The peaceful road weaves it way southwards through beautiful and un-spoilt scenery, passing small villages, dramatic limestone hills and farmers with traditional conical hats working in the fields or leading their buffaloes. The last 20 km are on a slightly bumpy road.
Upon arrival in Tam Coc stay overnight in Co Vien Lau Resort also known as “Ancient Garden House.”
Co Vien Lau Resort is a recreation of a Vietnamese village and a collection of 15 ancient wooden houses with tiled roofs set amidst craggy limestone rocks and around a lotus pond. The 30 rooms are simple but very atmospheric and all have attached bathrooms. The resort displays cabinets with old utensils and objects.
Accommodation at Co Vien Lau Resort
Meals included: Breakfast at hotel
Lunch at hotel
Dinner at hotel
DAY 3: TAM COC – HAI PHONG (B/L/-)
After breakfast, take an enchanting boat ride along the winding Ngo Dong River to enjoy the spectacular scenery of the region known as “Halong Bay on land”. Here in this watery landscape, limestone karsts cliffs rise up from the rice paddy fields as your boat meanders under 3 low caves.“Tam Coc” means 3 caves. In the wet season, the channel floods with water lying everywhere whilst in the dry season the shallow river winds through fields of golden rice. If lucky you may spot a mountain goat clinging to the rocks but more likely watch the local people fish for snails in the river. Although often the river becomes busy with fellow travelers, it is a leisurely experience as you sit back and watch the extraordinary method of rowing using their feet of the boatmen. For those who have seen the film “Indochine”, it will surely evoke memories. Remember to take a hat and suntan lotion.
Afterwards drive the 5 km north of Tam Coc to Bich Dong Pagoda. Bich Dong (Jade Grotto) consists of a series of temples built into a limestone mountain and is a holy site of pilgrimage for the Vietnamese with the smoke of burning incense giving it an unworldly atmosphere. The temples date from the early 15th century. There are 3 caves, the first one 100 steps up and for those who make it to the top, great views of the surrounding countryside.
Return to Tam Coc for lunch at Anh Dzung Restaurant.
In the afternoon, drive 3 hours across the Red River basin to Hai Phong.
Hai Phong, although Vietnam’s 3rd largest city and a port, is a laid back and graceful city unaffected by tourism and often likened to Hanoi 10 years ago. It is well worth in the late afternoon exploring the old centre around the Opera House with its colonial buildings and food markets and to end the day sitting at a street café simply watching the Vietnamese go about their daily lives.
Accommodation at Harbour View Hotel
Meals included: Breakfast at hotel
Lunch at Anh Dzung restaurant or similar
DAY 4 : HAI PHONG – CAT BA – HANOI (B/L/-)
08:30 hrs: Transfer to the harbour pier for the 09:00 hrs hydrofoil (old Russian built) to Cat Ba Island, a 50 minute journey.
Cat Ba is the largest island in the coastal archipelago of Halong Bay and has a stunning setting to the south of the Bay. Almost half the island (252 sq km) has been designated a National Park since 1986 and the interior of the island resembles a lost world with its wild dense jungle covered hills and ethereal scenery. Home to 109 bird and animal species including the critically endangered white-headed langur of which there are believed to be only 59 left as well as several types of rare macaque and moose deer. The coastal vegetation is mangrove swamp.
10:00 hrs: Upon arrival in Cat Ba town, drive 45 minutes through the centre of the island to fully appreciate its dramatic scenery arriving at Gia Luan Pier. En route stop to visit Dong Quan Y cave transformed by the Americans into a 17 room hospital between 1960 and 1965. At Gia Luan pier board your boat for the breathtakingly beautiful 3 hour cruise across Halong Bay with a delicious seafood lunch served onboard.
Halong Bay, deservedly listed as a world heritage area of outstanding natural beauty, means “dragon descending to the sea” in Vietnamese. This unbelievably picturesque bay has more than 3,000 limestone islets rising from the emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin, many of them containing beautiful grottoes. Some of the tiny islands have beaches, as well as grottoes, sparsely vegetated slopes and weird wind- blown rock formations created in the limestone.
14:00 hrs: Arrival at Halong pier and return to Hanoi (transfer time approx. 3.5-4.0 hours, depending on traffic).
Accommodation in Hanoi is not included. Transfer to Hanoi / Noi Bai International Airport at surcharge.
Meals included: Breakfast at hotel
Seafood lunch onboard
“WE WISH YOU AN ENJOYABLE JOURNEY”
TOUR PRICE IS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING HOTELS
La Ferme du Colvert
Co Vien Lau
Please contact us for rates based on different hotels.
Price in USD per full paying guest in shared twin/double
Single room supplement
Hotels as mentioned in the tour programme
(*) Child policy:
Discounted rates are applicable for 1 child (from 2 – 11 years of age) accompanied by 2 full-paying passengers (in other words, for every 2 full-paying participants 1 child is entitled to the special child rate).
OUR TOUR PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF
Accommodation in shared twin room with air-condition (AC) and private bathroom
Meals as stated in the programme B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner
Transfers and tours with local English or French-speaking guides in private air-conditioned vehicles
All entrance fees and boat fees as mentioned in the programme
Drinking water and cold towels available on the vehicles
NOT INCLUDED ARE
• Domestic airfare (quoted separately, if requested)
• International airfare to / from Vietnam (quoted separately, if requested)
• Optional tours
• Surcharges for other language guides
• Surcharges for Lunar New Year (TET) holiday
• Personal travel insurance
• Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
• Meals and services other than mentioned in the programme
• Drinks with meals
• Compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges which will be advised at the time of booking
• Visa application and visa stamp fees at Vietnamese embassies overseas and/ or upon arrival (Please note that a visa is compulsory for most nationalities.)
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the programme
• Refunds will not be given for unused or cancelled services after the tour arrangements have commenced.
• FIT (Individuals): Cancellation charges are calculated from the day the written notification is received by the company or agent as a percentage of the net total tour price as shown plus any surcharges (e.g. ticketed air sectors, other penalties imposed by suppliers such as hotels):
• Between 29- 21 days before departure: According to the costs incurred will be charged
• Between 20 days and 15 days prior to departure: 25% of package price
• Between 14 days and 8 days prior to departure: 50% of package price
• Between 07 days and 2 days prior to departure: 75% of package price
• 1 day prior to departure or no show: 100% of package price
• GIT (Groups): Cancellation of tours due to minimum number of participants will be advised 6 weeks before departure of the tour; in which case Happy Go Travel will offer an alternative tour of a similar standard or a full refund. Cancellation policy for GIT bookings will be advised separately case by case.
• HOTEL ONLY
• Between 29- 21 days before departure: no charge
• Between 20 days and 15 days prior to departure: 60% of accommodation price
• Between 14 days and 0 days prior to departure: 100% of accommodation price
• Certain Hotels impose stricter cancellation policies which will be advised separately.
• For air ticket reservations, we require the guests’ full names AS THEY APPEAR IN THEIR PASSPORTS. Airfares and reservations are always subject to change until paid in full and ticketed.
• Airfares are subject to increase without prior notice.
• Please be advised that prices will be adjusted periodically in case of fuel price increase by our suppliers.
• This is a quotation only and neither reservations for services nor hotel bookings have been made.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
CONTACT INFORMATION OF HAPPY GO TRAVEL
HAPPY GO TRAVEL - HANOI HEAD OFFICE:
Address: 5th floor, 130F Thai Thinh str, Trung Liet, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam
Telephone during office hours: +84 24 32 686 686; +84 24 32 898 898
Fax: +84 24 32 171 783
EMERCENCY CONTACTS (ENGLISH AND GERMAN-SPEAKING)
Mobile: Mr. Thang (Managing Director) (+84) 934556056
Certain parts of the tours on offer are provided by independent third parties, such as airlines, hotels, transport operators and local tourist offices. Happy Go Travel is therefore not responsible for any loss, injury or damage caused thereby to the tourists, including those occurring outside of the normal touring programmes. Additional expenses incurred due to delay, accident, natural disaster, political actions and unrest shall be borne by the tourists.
Programmes, prices, services and conditions are based on those valid at the time of proposal submission and are subject to change thereafter without advance notice until all services have been paid in full.
We strongly advise to leave valuable items (money, passport, credit cards, jewellery, sensitive documents, laptop computer, etc.) in the hotel safe. During excursions and roundtrips, personal belongings, especially money and valuables should NEVER be left on vehicles, even during short breaks, and carried around at all times. Happy Go Travel is not responsible for any loss or theft.
Vietnam being a developing country is in full process of upgrading its infrastructure. Therefore, driving overland can be cumbersome due to ongoing road constructions.
TRAVELLED WITH US?
If you wish to give us some feedback about your holiday in Vietnam, please visit our website http://www.happygotravel.vn, choose Vietnam and go to “Travelled with us?”
Thank you in advance for your valuable thoughts and time. Your feedback will surely help us to continuously improve our products and services.